T is for Teamwork! R is for Respect! This power letter project promotes literacy while reinforcing an atmosphere of mutual respect and courtesy. It is a fun and engaging way to get students excited about learning their classroom community rules. Challenge students to come up with words that promote a positive and peaceful community! Once finished, hang them up in the classroom as a cheerful reminder!
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Westcott Self-Healing Cutting Mat #15352
- Westcott Letter Craft Oil Board Stencil Lettering #15826
- Westcott 12” Jewel Colored Ruler #12975
- Westcott Panda Pencil Sharpener #15732
- The World’s Favorite Scissors™
- Westcott 5” Pointed Kids Titanium Bonded Scissors #15987
Brought to you by Westcott – The World’s Favorite Scissors
1) Sharpen a pencil with the Westcott Panda Pencil Sharpener and use it to trace the Westcott Letter Craft Oil Board Stencil Lettering onto a piece of black construction paper.
2) Cut the letter out with the Westcott 5” Pointed Kids Titanium Bonded Scissors.
3) Paste the letter onto another brightly colored piece of construction paper. Then use the Westcott 12” Jewel Colored Ruler to draw pencil guidelines for your text. Lastly, write your text on the pencil guidelines. Once everyone has created their signs, take turns to present your power letter to the class and describe it’s meaning.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko.