Getting to Know You
This name project promotes literacy while assisting classmates in getting to know each other. Perfect for the first week of the school year, or when a new student joins the group. Challenge students to come up with words for each letter of their first name that correlate to fun facts about their lives, personalities and preferences! Once finished, have each student hang up their work on the front of their desk.
- Construction Paper
- Westcott Letter Craft Stencil Lettering Spot 2” Caps #15835
- Westcott 12” Jewel Colored Ruler #12975
- Westcott Dog Pencil Sharpener #15733
Brought to you by Westcott – The World’s Favorite Scissors
1) Gather up your supplies and sharpen a pencil with the Westcott Dog Pencil Sharpener.
2) With the pencil, trace the letters of your name with the Westcott Letter Craft Stencil Lettering onto a piece of white construction paper. If your name is extra long, tape an additional piece of construction paper to the bottom of your project.
3) Color in the letters of your name with the crayons. Next use the Westcott 12” Jewel Colored Ruler to draw guidelines next to each letter.
4) Write a fun fact about yourself on each line, which uses a word beginning with the letter.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko.