Monograms and mini canvases are all the rage these days! Use The World's Favorite Scissors™ to create this cute customized accessory as a quick gift or décor accent for your home or office. Perfect as a single initial, or make a whole bunch to spell out a word, name or favorite phrase!
- Westcott LetterCraft 3" Signet Script Stencil
- Westcott Craft Titanium Non Stick Scissors with Microtip, 5"
- Westcott Craft Self Healing Cutting Mat, 12" x 12"
- Blank Mini Canvas
- Acrylic Paint
- Masking Tape
- Soft Self Adhesive Rhinestone Sticker Sheet
- Permanent Marker
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) Lay down your cutting mat to protect your work surface. Paint the mini canvas with acrylic paint in the color of your choice. In this case we used a metallic silver paint, but feel free to mix it up and use colors that go with your decor. Apply two coats of paint to ensure even coverage, allowing time to dry between each coat.
2) Place your stencil backwards onto the back of the rhinestone sticker sheet, and secure it into place with masking tape. Trace the letter with permanent marker. Allow the marker line to dry and remove the stencil.
3) With your Westcott Craft Titanium Non Stick Scissors, carefully cut along the outside edge of the traced line. The NonStick Scissors make cutting through the adhesive rhinestone material super easy and convenient!
4) The final step is to remove the paper backing and adhere your letter onto the canvas. Handy Hint: Before positioning letter in place, trace the stencil on the front of the canvas with a light pencil line to ensure accurate placement. Then you are ready to hang and enjoy your beautiful custom monogrammed mini canvas!
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko