Celebrate the special moments in your life with this commemorative shadowbox with dimensional letters! Westcott LetterCraft stencils and our cushion grip hobby knife are the perfect tools for forming custom text out of air dry clay! Make these to celebrate sporting events, holidays, new babies, weddings, vacations and more!
- Westcott 8" Straight Titanium Non-Stick Scissors #14849
- Westcott 12" Titanium Bonded Trimmer #13779
- Westcott Craft Titanium Hobby Knife with Cushion Grip #13974
- Westcott Self-Healing Cutting Mat #15352
- Westcott LetterCraft Stencil Lettering in Marker 3/4" and 1" #15839
- Blank Shadowbox
- Paint Brush
- Acrylic Paint
- Decorative Paper
- Hot Glue
- Air Dry Clay
- Foam Tape
- Glue Runner
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) Paint the back panel and front edges of your shadowbox with acrylic paint in the color of your choice. With the Westcott 12" Titanium Bonded Trimmer, cut rectangles out of the decorative paper to cover the inside and outside walls of your shadowbox.
2) With the glue runner, adhere the paper to the inside and outside walls of your shadowbox. With the Westcott 12" Titanium Bonded Trimmer, cut rectangles with the in graduating sizes for mounting your photo. Then layer up the paper and pieces, adhering each layer with pieces of foam tape cut with the Westcott 8" Straight Titanium Non-Stick Scissors.
3) Then you are ready to begin making the dimensional letters. Flatten out a lump of air dry clay and gently press the Westcott LetterCraft Stencil Lettering onto the clay, so that the clay begins to push through the stencil.
4) Lift the stencil off of the clay and trim away the excess clay with the Westcott Craft Titanium Hobby Knife with Cushion Grip. Smooth away any jagged edges with your fingers and set the letter aside to dry. Repeat this process until you\\\'ve created all the letters for your shadowbox. To assemble the shadowbox position the mounted photo in place with more foam tape and then arrange the letters in place, securing them with hot glue.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko