Quilling is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. Westcott Brand's General Purpose Template serves as a handy guide to create quilled circles, triangles, hexagons and more for your beautiful paper creations!
- Westcott TrimAir Wide Body Trimmer #15165
- Westcott General Purpose Template #T-816
- Colored Paper
- Colored Cardstock
- School Glue
- Small Piece of Foam Core
- Stick Pins
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) With the Westcott TrimAir Wide Body Trimmer, slice several thin strips of paper in various colors.
2) Roll the strips into shapes using the Westcott General Purpose Template as a guide. With stick pins, secure the rolled piece inside of the template and on the piece of foam core. Then use another stick pin to apply a little drop of glue to secure the end of the rolled piece and allow to dry.
3) Continue this process to create a variety of quilled shapes in different colors and sizes.
4) Next cut several rectilinear shapes of cardstock with the Westcott TrimAir Wide Body Trimmer. Arrange and secure these pieces onto another piece of cardstock with school glue, to create frames for your quilled shapes. Then glue your quilled shapes onto the rectilinear shapes and set aside to dry.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and by Marisa Pawelko