Free Shipping for orders over $4030% Off Carbo Glide Scissors- Enter GLIDE30 at Checkout – Limited Time Only!
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) Take your round object and trace it twice onto your cardboard. I used the round case for my sewing needles for this caterpillar. Cut out your circles. Cut out the center of your circles so that it looks like you have two cardboard donuts!
2) Measure out your yarn. You will need about 5 yards per pom-pom. This caterpillar will be five pom-poms long, so cut five lengths of yarn. Place two of your cardboard donuts together. Start winding one of your pieces of yarn around and around, pulling the yarn through the middle each time. Wrap yarn all the way around the cardboard circle until you come back to where you started.
3) Slide the tip of your scissors in between the two cardboard circles. Carefully snip the yarn all the way around the circle. Don't pull the cardboard circles off yet! Cut a small length of yarn about 30cm long. Take this piece and tie it tightly around the yarn in between the two circles. Now you can pull the cardboard circles off and admire your new pom-pom!
4) Make four more pom-poms by following these steps. For the last pom-pom, you can wind the pipe-cleaner around the middle and curl the ends to form the antennae. The five pom-poms can be tied together with the ends of the yarn left hanging from tying off the middle of each pom-pom. Your caterpillar is taking shape!
5) Glue eyes and nose onto one end of your caterpillar and bend your pipe cleaner to form antennae. Voila! You have a pom-pom caterpillar!
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko