Stencil Applique Top
Easily create your own fashion embellishments with applique! Choose from over 70 different stencils in the Westcott LetterCraft Stencil Book to create custom appliques for t-shirts, aprons, bags, scarves and more!
- Westcott LetterCraft Stencil Book
- T-Shirt or other blank fabric item
- Accent Fabric For Applique
- Iron On Fusible Webbing
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing Thread
- Sewing Pins
- Tailors Chalk or Lightly Colored Pencil
- The World's Favorite Scissors™
Westcott Titanium Bonded 8" ExtremEdge Bent Scissors #15351
Westcott Titanium Bonded 3" Straight Scissors #15150
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) To determine your applique design, select a stencil from the Westcott LetterCraft Stencil Book. All of the designs come in 4 different sizes so feel free to incorporate the different sizes, or mix and match the different shapes.
2) For this project we used the large heart shaped stencil. Simply layer your accent fabric on top of the fusible webbing and pin the two layers together. Then trace the stencil onto the fabric with tailors chalk or a lightly colored pencil.
3) Next cut the shape out with you Westcott Titanium Bonded 8" ExtremEdge Bent Scissors, cutting both the fabric and the fusible webbing at the same time. Then you are ready to iron the shape onto your garment.
4) Once you've ironed your applique in place, use a sewing machine to topstitch the border of the fabric shape with a wide and tight zig-zag stitch. Lastly, trim away any excess threads with your Westcott Titanium Bonded 3" Straight Scissors.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2015 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko