Update your winter wardrobe for summer styles! Take an ordinary long sleeve shirt from drab to fab with this fun and easy t-shirt remix project!
- Westcott 8" ExtremEdge Bent Scissors #15351
- Westcott 3" Straight Scissors #15150
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Stick Pins
- Sewing Thread
- Sewing Machine (optional)
Brought to you by Westcott – The World's Favorite Scissors
1) With the key provided adjust the tension of the Westcott 8" ExtremEdge Bent Scissors to suit for cutting comfort.
2) Lay down your long sleeve t-shirt and cut off the sleeves and upper portion as shown.
3) Trim the sleeves at a 90 degree angle.
4) With your sewing machine (or if you prefer you can sew by hand) use a basting stitch to gather the wide ends of the sleeves. Trim any loose threads with the Westcott 3" Straight Scissors. Stitch the gathered ends of the sleeves to the top of the remaining portion of the shirt on each side. Try on the skirt and adjust the fit by tying the loose ends of the sleeves off to one side to create a stylish sash!
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by Marisa Pawelko