An Apple a Day
Build healthy eating habits with this apple-shaped diary. After students track the foods they eat for a school week, have them graph the foods by food group.
- Westcott 5” Kids scissors
- 6 1/2" x 8" tagboard apple tracer
- two 6 1/2" x 8" construction paper rectangles in red, green, or yellow (covers)
- five 6 1/2" x 8" white paper rectangles (pages)
- green and brown construction paper scraps
Brought to you by Westcott – The World’s Favorite Scissors
Trace the apple shape on each cover and page and cut the tracings out. Stack the pages between the covers and staple them to make a booklet.
Cut a stem and leaves from the construction paper scraps and glue them to the front cover.
Write your name and the title "My Food Journal" on the front of your booklet. Label the pages with the days of the week.
Complete the booklet by listing the foods you eat every day for a school week.
Adult supervision is recommended when children use scissors.
© 2016 Acme United Corporation. Text and design by The Education Center, Inc.®